Without further adieu, here's my list!
1. I am grateful that the sun is shining and the weather is hot! I love summer. I love the water. I especially love the beach, and I am very grateful that I will be headed to Myrtle Beach, SC with two of my lifelong best friends this weekend!
2. I am grateful for my lovely friend Samantha and the fact that she allows me to mooch off of her pool. I had so much fun spending Memorial Day with her yesterday. She's a better cook than most 5 star chefs and she and her sister (also a great cook) grilled us some great steak kabobs and made some yummy stuffed peppers and brownies. I got to swim all day and I was blessed to spend time with some great people. I couldn't have asked for a better Memorial Day.
3. This may sound silly to some of you, but my city just started free recycling for all residents. I just got my recycling bin (it's as big as my trashcan!) and I am so excited to start living a greener life.
4. I have five furbabies (4 cats and a dog--yes, that's a lot) and I am thankful for each and every one of them. I am particularly thankful for my dog, Beowulf. I started jogging in March and it isn't always easy for me. Beowulf is a great jogging companion and he keeps me going. I'm grateful for his company on my long runs.
5. And finally, I am thankful for you. Yes, you, whoever you are....for taking time to read my blog posts, for supporting my dream of becoming an author, for commenting and letting me know you're out there somewhere reading my entries. You don't know how happy it makes me to know somewhere out there someone is reading something I wrote and maybe, just maybe, they're smiling as they read it.