You probably don't care what books and tv shows I like. That's okay :) This entry is for me--not you. While I certainly hope you enjoy it to be completely honest with you I'm writing it because I never go a day without writing and if I don't write it then I won't have written anything today. Yeah, I know. It's kind of a cop out blog topic. It won't require much writing on my part, but maybe you'll see something you might find interesting.
Books I LOVE:
1. Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. It's dark and gritty with an underground world of fantastical things. I think even people who say they hate to read will love this book.
2. Thomas Cahill's Mysteries of the Middle Ages. If you never read it and you only look at the pictures I think you will have gotten your money's worth. I recommend reading it though--it's wonderful.
3. J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series. Sure--you're seen the movies. The books are better. They really are.
4. The Sister Fidelma Mysteries by Peter Tremayne. Peter Tremayne is the pseudonym for famed historian Peter Berresford Ellis. He actually wrote the first book to show how Ireland's Brehon laws worked. He made his main character a female to further illustrate how these laws could have allowed women to play pivotal roles in the judicial system. Set in 7th century Ireland, this is one of my absolute favorite series. I offer this longer description as I am fairly certain most of you are unfamiliar with this series.
5. The Temperence Brennan Series by Kathy Reichs. I love dark, gory crime novels. If you don't mind graphic descriptions of bodies in various stages of decomp then you'll love this series.
TV Shows I Love:
1. Chuck. If you haven't seen it, this show is about a normal guy who accidentally becomes a spy. It's like James Bond, but way funnier. You've got to watch this.
2. Being Human (The Syfy version): Yep. It's brand new on Syfy. There is also a British version which I can't comment on as I've never seen it. So far I absolutely love this show. What's not to love? It has a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost--and they're roommates. Awesome.
3. Grey's Anatomy. I love this show. You can hate it if you want to, but I'll watch it 'till the bitter end.
4. Bones. I read all the books so I just have to watch the tv show. Plus it has a really hot cast. You should watch it.
5. White Collar. An ex-con forger extraordinaire goes to work for the FBI. It's funny. It's action packed. It has that chick from Saved By the Bell in it. It's fabulous.
So what books and tv shows are your favorites?